ECU-TEST crashed and I would like to provide the crash dump for ECU-TEST support for further analysis.
Where is it stored?
If ECU-TEST crashes it will create one or multiple dump and/or text files in your %temp% directory.
The file names look like this:
For our further analysis, it is important to send us all of the files with a recent timestamp.
If you need an upload link for the files, feel free to ask our support to provide one for you.
If ECU-TEST does not respond anymore (also known as a freeze) you have to create the dump file manually.
- Open Windows Task Manager and select the ECU-TEST app
- Collapse it to select the process which currently has the highest RAM workload
- Right-click on the process and select Create dump file
- A dialog will describe you where the created dump file was stored
- Please send us the zipped file for our further analysis. If you need an upload link for the files, feel free to ask our support to provide one for you.